A new heating system can be a financial burden not necessarily planned for. Fortunately, we partner with organizations that offer solutions to help with the cost.
Financing your new system
At Energy Unlimited, we work with Energize CT and Capital for Change to help you attain financing for your new heating system. Installation of new heating equipment is a large investment and there are many options to consider when it comes to paying for your new system. The following information should help answer some questions and we are here to answer any additional you have.
What Is the Energize CT Heating Loan Program?
The Energize CT heating loan program is a financing program for residential customers of Eversource or United Illuminating (UI).
The loan program was developed to provide low-interest loans for the conversion or replacement of existing heating systems with new energy-efficient equipment.
The program is administered by Capital For Change.
Who is Eligible?
Residential rate customers of Eversource or United Illuminating Company.
The primary borrower must own the property and be listed on the electric account.
Applicants must be current on their electric utility bill and have had either:
-No late payment charges for the most recent six (6) consecutive months or
-No more than two (2) late payment charges for the last twelve (12) consecutive months
There are no other credit qualifications.
The loan is repaid monthly through your electric bill. If the property is sold, the unpaid loan may be paid off in full or transferred to the new owner if they meet the requirements.
What Improvements Qualify?
Equipment to be installed must meet ENERGY STAR® or higher ratings for boilers, furnaces and electric heat pumps.
Visit the CTHeatLoan.com website for a list of the makes and models that qualify.
Types of Smart-E Loans*
Loans Up To $15,000
Loan Rates as low as 2.99% APR
Finance Up to 90% of the Equipment and Installation (depending on projected energy savings – the greater the savings, the lower the down payment)
Minimum Down Payment of 10%
Financing Terms From 3 to 10 Years
No Points, Fees or Closing Costs
No Prepayment Penalties
Repaid Monthly Through Your Electric Bill
* visit the Capital for Change website for more loan options
How Do I Get An EnergyLoan®?
1. Contact us to set up an appointment and we will provide you with an estimate for your qualifying improvement.
2. When you are ready to finance your new equipment Apply Online or call Capital For Change 860-992-3665.
3. Capital For Change will have a quick decision on your application and answer any questions you may have.
4. Call us at 860-643-8334 to let us know that you have submitted your application and we will submit to Capital For Change the required Contractor Specification Sheet and necessary documentation which will verify the proposed equipment to be installed and the cost.
5. You will be contacted by Capital For Change either by email or telephone to complete the loan application process.
Benefits of Converting to Natural Gas